Friday, September 01, 2006

Embarassing moments

I had an embarrassing moment lately. I do have them anyway, but then I see them as part of growing up.
Okay, it happened that I met a neighbor in a bus I was to board home. By some coincidence, my aunty was already in so I just got in behind her. When we passengers were complete, the driver started collecting his fare. He started from the front where actually was where my Aunty was but as she was about paying for both of us, the man (our neighbor) told her not to worry - meaning he will pay. Almost immediately, he gave the driver some notes.
"Three of us", he said.
As should be done, I faced him and said thank you, but guess what?
"Oh! I didn't even know you are here! Sorry, the payment is for this third person", he said pointing to a woman sitting beside him, "Not you".
Those words really caught me embarrassed. I felt disgraced in mist of the 18 passengers there in the bus. But then with some guts I had smiled it off and paid the driver my fare.
While the trip lasted, I didn't even get myself. My mind was busy drawing up the rest of the passengers there in the bus making jess of me.
Anyway, it's one of 'those things' and that was just how I took it.

© Opeyemi Obembe, 29-08-06

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home